Berlin property prices are the lowest among all major European capitals. The catch-up of property prices in Berlin compared to other European capitals continues with sustained price increases over 10% per year (10.8% in 2014 and 10.1% in 2015).
Moreover, the volume of real estate investments in Berlin was multiplied by 3 since 2014 to reach € 10 billion (against € 3 billion in 2014), reflecting a growing demand from investors for properties in Berlin.
Property ownership rate in Berlin is particularly low with less 25% of owners in the city, which leaves a significant margin of development of the property market in the long term. The high occupancy rate (ca. 98%) and population growth (ca.50 000 people per year), would support housing demand for the next yearsand are forward development factors for Berlin property prices.
The strong catch up trend of property prices in Berlin and the prospects for important price appreciation are prime factors to invest in Berlin real estate.
The property prices in Berlin central districts are currently of this level for vacant properties:
- Mitte district: the property prices in Berlin Mitte starts at 5000 € / m2 for period/existing buildings. For historical reasons, there are very few offers of period apartments in Mitte. However, buyers have more choice in the new with promising real estate programs in terms of capital gain with prices starting at € 5800 / m2. It should be noted that Mitte has a special status with a concentration of international demand on this most central district of Berlin.
- Prenzlauer Berg: being the most sought-after area in the east of Berlin, property prices in Berlin Prenzlauer Berg start from 4500 € / m2. There are few new projects under construction with prices starting at 5500 € per sqm.
- Friedrichshain: prices start from 4200 € / m2 in existing or period buildings. For buyers looking for a perfume of history, it is possible to acquire a Stalinien style apartment around the Karl-Marx Allee (reputed very solid and classified buildings). There are some new programs starting from 5500 € / m2 and reach 8000 € / m2 on the docks near the Mercedes Arena.
- Neukölln: prices in Neukölln start around 3700 € / m2. The neighborhood is undergoing a major transformation and a strong demand in particular from Nordic countries buyers.
- Kreuzberg: prices in Kreuzberg start around 4800 € / m2 and are increasing significantly due to the scarcity of properties and the classification of the central areas of Kreuzberg especially around the Markthalle 9 that limits the offer of condominiums.
- Schöneberg: this central area between East and West also has a scarcity of goods for sale and prices start at 4200 € / m2. There are some new new programs like the Voltaire Carré that sell around 6000 € / m2.
- Charlottenburg and Wilmersdorf: property prices in these two districts of west-Berlin start at 4500 € / m2 in particular in the area around the Castle (Schloß) and increase significantly around Savigny Platz and Kurfürstendamm.
-Steglitz: a popular district for Berliner families, prices per m2 in Berlin Steglitz start at less than 4000 € / m2 and have a good potential given the development of the neighborhood around Schloßstrasse.
- Wedding: prices in Wedding start are around 3000 € / m2 and the area offers a good property investment in Berlin given its proximity to Mitte.
The prices of the m2 of an already tenanted apartment in Berlin can represent a discount of up to 30% compared to a m2 price for a similar vacant property. This is due in particular to the shortage of free housing and the high demand.
For buyers looking for a pure rental investment or buy-to-let in Berlin with significant potential for capital gain, this could be a good option to buy at a very good price per m2 in Berlin.
*This map shows the general level of Berlin property prices. Please, note that within a single area, prices can vary significantly based on criteria such as the status (vacant or tenanted), the yield, the year of construction and the micro location for which Berliners gives a high importance.
+49 (0)30 41717274
Please send your request. Our team will contact you back