It is possible to have a mortgage financing for a Berlin property purchase. Mortgages in Berlin usually offer flexibility to the borrower in choosing the repayment rate rhythm and does not require the payment of insurance costs.
Berlin property mortgages for residents in Germany
Residents in Germany generally have optimal banking conditions as banks prefer borrowers with a stable income in Germany. The structure of a mortgage in Germany is generally as follows:
• 10, 15 or 20 year fixed or variableinterest rate.
• Interest rate from 1.5% to 2.5% depending on the property and the borrower application.
• Repayment of capital by 2% per year minimum (usually a capital repayment option up to 5% per year is granted).
The mortgage amount may be up to 100% of the purchase price.
Berlin property mortgages for foreigner buyers
Foreign buyers and non-residents also benefit from attractive financing terms. Note that unlike most European countries, it is possible to get a mortgage for a property purchase in Germany as a non-resident. Banks usually offer the following structure:
• 10, 15 or 20 year fixed or variable interest rate
• Interest rate from 2.5% to 3.5% depending on the property and the borrower application.
• Repayment of capital by 2% per year minimum (usually a capital repayment option, up to 10% per year is granted with no additional charge).
We usually negotiate for our non-resident clients financing from 35 to 70% of the purchase price of a property in Berlin.
We work closely with a network of mortgage brokers in Germany that select for our clients the best moment offers on the market.
We also manage a bank account opening in Berlin in order to facilitate the collection of monthly rentals and mortgage repayment.
For more information about your financing your property purchase in Berlin, we invite you to contact us for a free consultancy or to send us a request via the Mortage Request Form.
+49 (0)30 41717274
Please send your request. Our team will contact you back